Tuesday, May 29, 2007

mondys


I had a show setup at Taj Colaba today early which thankfully got over on time... and I was really hungry since I'd hardly slept for 2 hours the previous night.

So I decided to go for breakfast... and it's very rare that I have breakfast at 8 in the morning.

Now I had an option of going to Mondy's i.e. Cafe Mondegar or some other 'udipi restaurant' to have dosa.
'Udipi restaurants are there everywhere in Bombay, so I enetered Mondy's and ordered the 'Mondy's special" which included, jam and toast, ham, sausages, scrambled egg, mango juice and coffee...
It was delicious and then to add to it they had this slow mexican music playing early morning.... it felt like you were in one of these english cafe's kind of thing....

So before the order came.. I wanted to take pictures of the what the cafe looks like for those who might not know it... but then everyone started staring as if I wanted to bomb one of those places.

I've been to Mondy's earlier.. but never actually noticed as to how those pics on the walls are placed... According to me your supposed to look from right to left... and then all of them made sense... but I was also really sleepy, so I don't really know if I'm right.

I think everyone who comes here should make a trip to Mondys, it's a really classic cool place.

8 comments:

Zak said...

done ! we go there after drinking a whole night out somewhere !

wildeyes said...

ohh i love mondy's ...remember last tiem we went to mondy's wit vinod...how much we ate....lol..write a post on leo's tooo n how we didnt get entry coz of jardin...hahahha

Zak said...

megey! when did we eat less !

Zak said...

For security reasons I have changed my blog url .

In case u have link on ur page ! Pls alter it accordingly . You may continue enjoying the same unadulterated fun in http://whackyeyez.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

very good.. give us reviews of all food joints in bombay. esp the irani restaurants.

Revolution is my name said...

jovan you love the food everywhere man. last time you said best brekfast was burji pav at churchgate station. anyway lets go to barbeque natin at pali and eat there

littlemuch said...

mondy's is good, but it isnt as good as it used to be. i love all the drawings on the wall. btw megs when did we go to leo's? i dont remember ever going there or atleast trying to go there

Hurricane C said...

I used to love the pizza at mondy's. No fuss about it, just some good sauce and some even better cheese!!
PS - It was where I sampled my first drink (beer!) :-D